Taking proper care of your sarees is essential for preserving their beauty and extending their life. Here are some tips for properly storing sarees:
- First, make sure to clean and press your sarees before storing them. This will help to ensure any dirt or dust particles don’t transfer to the fabric, which could cause damage over time.
- Store your sarees in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. You don’t want the fabric to become discolored or weakened over time.
- Avoid folding or creasing your sarees when storing them. Instead, hang them on a wide hanger and place them in a breathable garment bag or wrap them in acid-free tissue paper.
- If you want to store multiple sarees in the same bag, layer them with acid-free tissue paper to keep them from sticking together.
- If possible, try to store your sarees in a dust-free environment, like a closed wardrobe or chest of drawers.
Expected lifespan of handloom sarees
Handloom sarees are generally quite durable and can last for years with proper care. Depending on the quality of the fabric and the craftsmanship, handloom sarees can last anywhere from 5 to 25 years. To ensure maximum longevity, it's important to store them away from direct sunlight, to avoid washing them too often, and to keep them away from moisture. With proper care, you can expect to enjoy your handloom sarees for many years!
Following above tips will help keep your sarees looking beautiful for longer periods of time. Take care of your sarees and they’ll take care of you!