Care Instructions for Silk and Silk Cotton Sarees
What You Should Know About Maintaining a Silk Saree
Washing your first love
- Avoid soap initially, gentle rinse in simple cold water will work just fine
- Use moderate detergent after 3 washes
- Wash the pallu, border, and body one at a time.
- Always avoid washing your precious silk Saree with an inferior first-rate cloth.
- After that, use a protein shampoo with hot/cold water. The protein in the shampoo complements the protein in the silk.
- Never ever use chemical substances – those may damage and reduce the lifespan of the silk.
- Do not brush or lash your silk Saree
- Always puff dry and never twist or wring the silk.
- Don't keep your Saree moist for longer times
Removing Stains Off Your Prized Possession
- Immediately wash with cold water
- For difficult stains, soak the stained area with petrol and brush with a tender material.
- Stained silk must be dry-wiped & cleaned as soon as possible. Nail polish stains can be removed by rubbing acetone at the region. For lipstick stains, use dry cleansing fluids followed by washing with soap and water.
- Greasy stains can be removed with the aid of dabbing talc. As soon as this is complete, the talc should be brushed-off and stain remover must be applied. The stain can then be washed off in hot water.
- For treating meals stains like milk, ice cream, chocolate, gravy, etc., use a dry-easy solvent.
- Protein stains like blood, deodorant, egg, meat juices, and perspiration can be cleaned with detergent. They need to be soaked in cold water and washed